Wednesday 15 August 2018

A Strange Juxtaposition


Kirdford is an utterly charming small Sussex village which seems to be unable to make up its mind where it stands on the subject of imbibing alcohol. Facing the church....


to the left hand side you have the Half Moon pub. This is owned and run by the former model Jodie Kidd and has a good local reputation for its food.



Or to the right you have this classic sign. Its origins are lost in the mists of time, but it's very possibly a Temperance movement plaque or somebody with a huge hornet in their bonnet about the drinking habits of others! I think I might have suffered from the legs filling with water at some point in my misspent youth!


I'd gone over in pursuit of a specific gravestone, but it evaded me and instead we have an entirely different blog post content to the one I had a vague notion of writing!

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Love that sign. A & E departments would agree with that last sentence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a charm to old signs I think
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. I wonder if the writer was a recovering alcoholic?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very possibly. Nobody knows for sure.
      Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...