Friday 28 June 2013

Summer Loaf

An easy peasy one [I am never thrilled at the prospect of cooking] and quick- the less time I spend in the kitchen the better in my book! Good for using up all those bottom of the fridge dwellers that play hide and seek in the vegetable drawer! I wish I could credit it but from whence the original recipe came is lost in the mists of time.

Preheat oven to 200C. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Chop an onion, chilli, pepper, broccoli and fry until softened in vegetable oil. In practice, most veg will be ok- the key ones are the chilli and the onion. I used lurking mushrooms and a tin of sweetcorn. Place veg in bottom of loaf tin and then beat 4 eggs. Add either fresh chopped herbs or a goodly pinch of dried herbs to this mix along with salt and pepper. Pour eggs over the veg and bake for 45 mins. Slice and serve with a green salad. Learn from my laziness- soak the loaf tin immediately otherwise you'll still be there on Sunday trying to wash it up. I know from bitter experience!

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...