Thursday 17 October 2013

Foiled Again!

Frankly I am a little baffled by my behaviour earlier this week. If you were to ask me what I think about foil pictures I would answer you with all honesty that they are not to my taste. I don't actively dislike them, but I am, let's say, indifferent- I have a very distinctive idea about my style of house furnishing, clothes etc and anyone who has been to my house would vouch that foil pictures do not feature in my chosen decor in any shape or form.

That was until last year......when rummaging around in a local charity shop [a top hobby of mine- in fact rummaging around anywhere is a finely honed skill of mine!] I looked up to see this and home it came with me.


No one was more surprised than me including the people I showed it to! It's so at odds with everything else in my home that it is hung in the spare room where we have the computer. I love the way the light reflects off the the image- it's almost like moonlight.

And then on Tuesday blow me down the same thing happened again- another foil picture that I couldn't put down [believe you me I'm pretty good these days at not buying a lot of things that catch my eye]. This time it is children's fairy tale scene and everywhere as you turn it the picture reveals more hidden details- there's a pair of eyes staring out from a cave and a skull on an pot of flowers. Another one for the spare room I think!!


There are no more plans to buy any more at the current time......

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...