Wednesday 17 June 2015

Erm Squirm.

Once upon a time when the world was flat and the moon was made of cheese I worked in an office for a big insurance company. Lovely people but definitely not my natural environment. At that time I shared a phone extension with another lady and one day I answered the phone and was a trifle surprised to be met with the opening line:

" Hello, are you the woman I go to bed with?"

This was followed by a bit of a cough and a splutter on my part before I recognised the voice and replied:

"Erm...no....but I can get her for you if you like....."

Deathly silence....
It was my colleague's husband! I did meet him subsequently and a jolly nice fellow he was too but I didn't let on that I had been the recipient of his lusty call!! Bet he didn't do that again snigger!

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. Poor bloke! LOL. I habitually call my husband Darling. I have lost count of the number of times I have asked him over my shoulder to get something for me from a high shelf in the supermarket and then find a strange voice saying...Certainly Dear, or a strange hand passing me the packet of lentils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have seen your face! Thanks for making me giggle this morning. Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...