Wednesday 26 July 2017

The Kitchen Dodger

Nothing pleases me more than to discover that either Mr GBT has offered to cook or that a previous meal has yielded sufficient leftovers for another meal.  As far as I am concerned it is a triumph and a cause for celebration. I could tell you many horror stories of my time spent doing my Home Economics 'O' Level, but we would be here all night😁

There are many dishes I won't even attempt...anything involving a roux sauce of any description and you won't see me for dust. It's therefore, come as quite a surprise to me that at the grand old age of 50 I made my first ever lasagne. Love eating it, but to my mind too much faff and washing up.


I don't generally inflict pictures of my culinary attempts upon people, but this turned out, not only passably well, but tasty and simples. Always a fan of any type of thrifty TV programme I like to watch "Eat Well For Less" when I remember. The last episode featured how to make veggie lasagne and not a white sauce in sight. They used cottage cheese instead which immediately made my ears prick up. I shared this info with my Mum last week only to find that this is how my Dad's always done it....as ever I am late to the party! Details are here for anyone interested....I would say that the instructions have missed off one of the layers of the pasta and I did without the onion powder and specific herbs. A goodly dollop of my Everyday Tesco dried ones were fine and it's helped use up more of the current courgette gluthttp://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ratatouille_lasagne_28209

It's fed us again tonight and the last two portions will be frozen.

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. Well done. Don't be hard on your self about not cooking.We all do different things well. I can cook and bake, but suck at gardening and housework.

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...