Monday 4 November 2019

Consuming not all consuming.

Shopping...these days it's something I do when needed [although the occasional ahem spontaneous buy does sometimes get under the radar!]. I never was one for shoes and that hasn't changed so it was somewhat reluctantly that I set out to replace my well loved, but worn out black boots.

Frankly I didn't relish the experience. I went into a handful of shoe shops to see what they'd got in stock and could very quickly see that nothing appealed nor did some of the prices. A quick tour of the chazzas only produced what I would term fashion boots with skyscraper heels or made out of unsuitable material like suede. Believe you me I can find that single puddle within a five mile radius and step in it. I've ruined suede before on the first wearing so am not to be trusted.

Arriving back at GBT I was a bit hacked off with the whole thing,but being a woman on a mission I decided to give Ebay a whirl. Now I'm not the right person for online bidding and have only used the buy it now option before occasionally. This time though I discovered that some buyers offer you the chance to make an offer.....well my luck was in and I now have exactly what I was after and all for a very modest outlay and preloved. I'll spare you the photo [they're practical rather than thrilling], but this has left me some birthday money over [which was what I was using] for more exciting things....


For anyone who follows Vintage Vixen's blog this was featured on one of her recent posts. It had my name all over it and I simply couldn't resist. It had its first outing to a ceilidh on Friday night!

Arilx

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad it reached you safely.
    I'm with you on the boot shopping, even if I had limitless cash I'd still struggle with finding a decent pair of boots (or indeed anything) in the proper shops! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several people complimented me on it!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. That's awesomely amazing! Wish I was waistcoat-shape, not for the first time...

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...