Tuesday 3 March 2020

Blue Day

I've decided to remove the negative connotations associated with a "Blue Day". For me this means a day of fantastic cerulean blue skies and over the past few Winter months [aside from working or being ill] I have made sure I have stepped out of the door on every single fine day we've had. Many times I've looked at my Winter list of places to visit [some of these ideas are within walking distance and on a very small scale] and I've photographed some of what I've seen.

The positive knock on effect is that I feel more upbeat for several days to come and it helps me top up my resilience levels for those pewter grey days or the drops in mood/heightened levels of anxiety that are always waiting in the wings ready to pounce and take hold. I used to dread the colder, darker time of year after the bright lights of Christmas. Whilst I wouldn't claim to be a little ray of sunshine all the time I have remained on a far more even keel overall which has been further improved by me taking vitamin D this year [thanks to my Mum for letting me know about that one]. So yes to lots more Blue Days please!!

On my latest Blue Day outing I came across these rather splendid blue flowers. They are the size of Grape Hyacinths and a real bluebell colour. Can anyone enlighten me as to what these bulbs are please as they are new to me?


Arilx

3 comments:

  1. Possibly one of the scilla family, maybe scilla siberica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think you're both right!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...