Monday 18 January 2021

Cinnamon Flapjacks

As I'm not off out adventuring far at the moment, pottering around at home has been the order of the day over the weekend. Both of us have caught up on boring old chores and between showers Mr GBT managed to plant out the shallots I found in Wilkos last week. I've been having a bit of a play with some new drawing pencils that act like watercolours if you wet them and I fancied doing a spot of baking. For some reason the idea of cinnamon flapjacks popped into my head, so thought I would give them a whirl.


As you can see we roadtested a piece as soon as they'd cooled and it was definitely a thumbs up. If you fancy making some I added a dessertspoon of cinnamon to my standard recipe of 6oz butter, 2 oz soft brown sugar, 5 tbsp golden syrup and 12oz porridge oats. Melt all the ingredients together in a big pan bar the oats and then stir them in. Spread out on a lightly greased tray and bake at 180C for 15 mins. I prepped them in the morning and then cooked them later when I had the oven on already for our supper.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. I think today calls for baking as well. Your bars look delicious and good for exploring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed your baking. I find it rather relaxing. Arilx

      Delete
  2. That sounds good. I always make ginger and date flapjacks. I could change the ginger over to cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cor they sound lovely...ginger flapjacks mmmmm! Arilx

      Delete
  3. Here flapjacks are fried batter that you pour syrup on. I'm not much of a fan. Your flapjacks look much healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound more like the drop scones we have here. Afraid my flapjacks are very calorific, but they do taste nice and I try to cut them into smaller pieces. Arilx

      Delete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...