Monday 11 April 2022

Dilly's Bridge

Mr GBT loves being near water....with the chance to take a stroll along the River Coln in Fairford it made the perfect end to a gentle afternoon of exploring and pootling. The rather non descript affair below is Dilly's bridge and to her it was everything. As we crossed over it I discovered a lovely wooden memorial to her on it....Dilly was a much loved golden retriever who spent 14 years enjoying her life around the river. What a special way to keep the memories of a much loved pet alive.

Mr GBT and I both stopped to admire this fence and agreed that it's an effective way to use up all sorts of different bits of wood that you might have lying around.

The remainder are just a handful of shots to give you a taster of this attractive town with all its charming caramel toned stone buildings. A place to while away an hour or so and free parking.









I'll move on to a couple more spots over the next few days. Apologies for the lack of comments on people's blogs...I have been reading, but Blogger only lets me make a couple of remarks and then it has a hissy fit. I gather that I'm not the only person who's been experiencing this!

Arilx




10 comments:

  1. It looks like a chatming and restful place. We crave a return to having access to places like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to go somewhere completely new after two years. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Dilly should have an honor after faithful companionship. My phone gets into a huff lately as well on blogger. Wants to enlarge the comment box to where it's impossible to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs really are man's best friends aren't they...our pets bring much positivity into our lives. Arilx

      Delete
  3. I love the no parking cycles sign :D

    Are you trying to comment on your cellphone? I ask because I have issues when I do, but not on my laptop - it is to do with the blogger app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sign was tucked away up an alley....Mr GBT is used to me disappearing! I only use Blogger on my pc. Arilx

      Delete
  4. There is a story about a man who keeps a container of stick and tennis balls at a local dog park in memory of his own dog. I think it is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty village, we reall;y must visit! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Ride a cock horse.

"Ride a cock horse" It is thought that a 'cock horse' was a high-spirited or uncastrated horse or a hobby horse. The annua...