Tuesday 28 June 2022

Oops I did it again!

If you point out to your wife that "there's the "Green Man Ceramics over here" when you're out walking there's only ever going to be one outcomeđź’š The owner told me that he had based his design on a medieval one that he'd seen in Paris. As for that book...there's no point calling yourself a bibliophile unless you always take the opportunity to have a nose around any second hand bookshop the National Trust has. Normally I come away empty handed, but this one was standing proud on top of a pile of other titles. I reckoned that the universe was dropping a large hint that it was sitting waiting patiently for me...I try not to ignore those little nudges these days. This is my personal take on the traditional holiday souvenir!

Arilx


 

12 comments:

  1. Best not to ignore the universe, it would be rude! Hope you are well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali. I think so too! All well here thanksxx Arilx

      Delete
  2. And what a souvenir. The Green man sculpture is lovely. Do you have a collection of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have ahem acquired a few over the years!! Arilx

      Delete
  3. National Trust bookshops should carry a wealth warning, as far as I am concerned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Often they are rather pricey, but this one was well within my budget. Arilx

      Delete
  4. Just the fact that he didn't try to avert your attention as he hustled you past is a sign that 'himself' didn't mind if you indulged your little obsession...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't mind in the slightest...he's used to all my dotty old ways! Arilx

      Delete
  5. I always manage to find a treasure in the National Trust bookshops! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly strict with myself, but there are just some titles that I'm not willing to leave on the shelf! Arilx

      Delete
  6. I definitely listen to the universe more and more these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gut instinct is a good way to make decisions sometimes. Arilx

      Delete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...