Thursday 25 January 2024

Two for the price of one.

 It was drizzly on my way home between clients earlier, but I made myself park up and take a photo of these two...yup the first of the 2024 toppers. Partly motivated by the fact I wanted to see something colourful to brighten today, but I'd also been caught napping. There weren't supposed to be any new woolly wonders until next month yet the ladies have got ahead of themselves and these two have unexpectedly sprung up. Yes I'm on familiar ground and I could pretend that I was repentant for repeating blog material, but clearly I'm not...instead I am delighted on this rather dreary January day. With that may I wish you all a marvellous weekend. 



Arilx

PS I can now comment on others blogs, but on here I remain nameless and it sends any replies I make into my own inbox rather than publishing them. I will keep trying!


11 comments:

  1. I have found that on certain sites I can comment with no problems and on others (including my own!!) - blogger anonymous issues, until I found out if - when you go to comment - you can drop down a menu and choose to sign in using google, be anonymous or sign in with your URL. Choose the URL option, put in your name and blog addres and voila! that is how I have signed in here now to comment - fingers crossed that you can do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be able to help with your commenting - when you go to comment, there is an option saying anonymous, google sign in, URL. choose the latter, add your name and blog name and voila! fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for that Kate. It's come back today, but I'll use those tips if it happens again. Arilx

      Delete
  3. how did you manage to get things sorted. I can comment on my computer, but my phone lists me as anonymous. Everywhere. It's aggravating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby. Kate's put up some helpful tips in the posts above. Arilx

      Delete
  4. I'm marveling at both the effort put into creating these charming, cheer-you-up toppers -- and the fact of their continued existence. They wouldn't last a day in my city, even if placed in front of the police station!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them go missing particularly in one road where I think someone objects to them and has taken it upon themselves to remove them. Arilx

      Delete
  5. I take my hat off to all that talent, I'd be hard pressed to knit a square! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must take people hours and they're always coming up with new ideas. Arilx

      Delete
  6. Absolutely love them. My favourite animations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The humour with all its puns and visual jokes.is so clever. Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...