Tuesday 30 July 2024

Mitchell Fold

 Legend has it that in times of famine a magic cow could supply constant milk to those in need. That was until one day an evil witch milked her using a sieve and upon realising this the said bovine disappeared. By way of punishment the witch was petrified for evermore and a circle of stones built around her so that she may never escape...and that's apparently now why we find Mitchell's Fold high up in the Shropshire hills. 

It's remote and quiet up there and my idea of absolute heaven. The absolute icing on the cake for me was being able to finally do what my new bag says and take it to a stone circle and lurk😀




Am currently thoroughly enjoying the Olympics and trying to watch as much as I can decently get away with! Speak soon.

Arilx


4 comments:

  1. For some reason and in spite of our best intentions, we've never made it to Mitchell's Fold yet. There's always next year, I guess ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that bag? What a great place to carry it to, Shropshire's blessed with so many gems!
    I'm finding it hard to tear myself away from the Olympics! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has always struck me that the witch was ...um...not the brightest crayon...

    ReplyDelete

A grave day

 Tragically Charles Cook died on 20th March 1767 aged only 30. He was killed by a falling tree. Whilst I can't find anything about the m...