Tuesday 15 October 2024

"Rainy days and Mondays don't always get me down".

Am going for a slight twist on that famous Carpenters' song with today's twitterings. Yesterday's client was away so an additional day off....pouring here all day so what shall I do with myself. There are always chores to be done, but having decided that I'd done what I set out to do the walking boots and waterproof jacket went on and I went out to see what a rainy Monday might have to offer me

You may very well be wondering why on earth you're being shown a picture of a slug....I was very excited when I encountered this first thing lurking about in our compost heap. I believe it's a Green Cellar slug and rather a glamorous slug with those markings.


Despite it being sopping wet the colours really stood out on this foliage and the hydrangeas. Such vibrancy is one of the many reasons I love the season even if the weather doesn't always play ball.



I found a new topper....blackbirds, baby hedgehogs, cake, a frog and a witch. Indeed a Halloween tea party.



Anyone know what this three wheeler vehicle is? My knowledge only extends as far as the Reliant Robin and Google isn't being any help either. Looking back to last year I realise that I've actually featured this one before, but it was the colour of a tangerine last time I saw it! At least with such a striking pink you'd be able to spot it easily in the carpark.


With a few Aril pleasing things to spot upon my return I finally sat down and got on with painting my new Mythago mask. The old one has served me well, but there are cracks appearing and I fear that half of it may just fall away mid performance and leave me looking like I'm wearing one like in the Phantom of the Opera if I don't get on with it. I've been twonking about ignoring the new one for months now as I always get in a bit of a two and eight if I have to design and paint anything, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Now it's done I can get back to reading the second Robert Galbraith book....am always fashionably late to the party, but am really enjoying the different side to J K Rowling's writing. 


As always this is nothing like the post I was supposed to be writing [well where's the fun in that], but sometimes it's fun to put out more of a natter for a change.
Speak soon.

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Rainy days and Mondays don't always get me down".

Am going for a slight twist on that famous Carpenters' song with today's twitterings. Yesterday's client was away so an addition...