Sunday 19 April 2015

The Company Of Shadows.

This is the new dance that Mythago have been learning for the last few months. We already have a fairly extensive repertoire so it has been really exciting to have been in at the beginning of something new. Set to the tune Orinoco composed by Georgia Nettleton, it is a very measured dance for us...steady and silent. We are renowned for our mad dancing and shouting. Stepped to a slow drum beat it still takes my breath away...it has a spine tingling feel to it. It had its first dance out at the Weald and Downland museum on Easter Monday [I watched as I'd only decided at the last minute that I was going] Mr GBT kindly took the shots. The masks and cowls are designed specially for it and add to the spooky feel. I think danced on a gloomy day or even at night time will only serve to increase its atmosphere.







Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...