Saturday 8 August 2015

Here's One I Read Earlier.


One of those books that a dear chum kindly passed onto me earlier this year. It joined the bookpile and was hauled out before we went Orkney.

Miss Prim is a librarian who has very definite ideas about things and rigidly sticks to them. On a whim she takes a job working for "the man in the armchair" in a small village in France- a village based upon old world ideals which challenges her to the very core.

It is a slightly quirky, charming read [in a similar vein to "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society] which follows her journey of self discovery. It wasn't a title I had ever encountered but it made a refreshing change from the normal run of the mill tomes.

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. I've added it to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be a good one for a book reading group Eileen.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...