Wednesday 23 December 2015

Untraditional Festive Pud

I've mentioned in previous years that I'm not a fan of the traditional Christmas Pudding so I seek out a new dessert recipe to try when it's my turn on the sweets course. We trialled the potential pud last month to check it's up to scratch and it's a good 'un so Chocolate and Ginger cheesecake it is - recipe here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67875942&postcount=1458 We have slightly tweaked it to our taste- no stem ginger biscuits to be found locally so we're using digestives [ginger nuts weren't a great substitute], mix of chocolate/ginger [100g] with 50g of milk chocolate as it was just a tad too sharp. Really liked it though as the fromage frais cuts the richness and it's not cloyingly sweet....can you hear the weighing scales screaming from here?!

Arilx

2 comments:

  1. I think rich and lushess desserts are perfect. Usually a small portion is more than enough and I feel satisfied in a way that eating handfuls of cookies wouldn't be. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam- it's easy to make and hopefully everyone will enjoy it!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Big and Little

 Mr GBT looked slight aghast at the long list of things I'd written down for our then upcoming trip to the Midlands....'we're on...