Thursday 15 August 2024

Not skirting round the issue

 Last Saturday we travelled over to Newbury for a pub lunch with Mr GBT's siblings plus their partners. It's been years since we've all managed to be in the same place at the same time. He's one of six so you can appreciate the logistics in organising it, but it was good to catch up with them all. They're a friendly low key bunch. By Sunday Mr GBT had gone down with Covid (he's got a milder dose this time) which has meant no further gallivanting this week. Fortunately I am still testing clear so I did manage a quick trip into town when I wasn't working and look what was waiting patiently for me on the sale rail outside the charity shop....right up my alley💜 Wasn't loving the waistband mind and that has now been banished and redesigned to make it to my taste. I just need to do a bit of sequin juggling to even the pattern out and when done I shall look forwards to twirling my way through the weekend. 


Being a dame with a very specific taste means I don't often see things which I really like, but this one's ticking all the boxes and worth every penny of my £4 investment. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

Arilx

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colours. I would have not been able to resist that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you and I share a love of bold colours. Arilx

      Delete
  2. That's lovely. Very summery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy. It's been lovely to wear in the warmer weather. Arilx

      Delete
  3. Lovely colours! I think it's meant to be a sundress, I've seen them like that abroad. Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had wondered the same, but it's got a drawstring round the top which just made me wonder what it was supposed to be. Arilx

      Delete
  4. You know, sometime back, I was at a goodwill and I saw a rack of bohemian looking sheath dresses, with colors and designs and yes, some of them even had beads sewn on them. Such an array! I found myself wishing that I was the sort of person that would be comfortable wearing such a garment, but I know myself: earth tones, mostly, but sometimes I get all crazy and go for a bright blue. But right there, in a store, across the pond from a woman I have never met, I thought, Aril would be snapping them up and making them over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love autumnal and sea shades too. I'm very pale skinned so look awful in pastel colours. Arilx

      Delete
  5. That's a beauty so definitely worth every penny! I hope Mr. GBT is feeling better soon and that that pesky virus doesn't get you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

The Lost Palace

 It must have been quite a shock for the employee of the Water Board way back in 1960 when he'd been told to dig a trench in a field for...