Wednesday 17 August 2016

Lack of Black Cat Appreciation Day

17th August is apparently Black Cat Appreciation Day. A certain black cat called Humphrey begs to differ....look at the sadness upon his little face....

Forced, yes forced, to sleep in a small space below the airing cupboard for obviously we have no available beds, chairs or even a settee upon which he could rest his weary head [nothing to do with him being too lazy to heave that great girth of his up onto a higher surface you understand]. Then there's the face of betrayal.....meant to induce guilt into the heart of the hardest human.


Oh why do you suffer so poor, dear Humphrey. Is it because that wicked owner has donated the three lots of cat food pouches she was given to the local rescue centre from whence you came.....I'm afraid their need is far greater than his for he works hard to retain his tubbiness despite me keeping him on the diet dried food for he has a penchant for petit f[o]urs between meals....that is little furry things with four legs. Sigh. Out of the kindness of my heart though I have held onto this tub of snacks which the same lady gave me [to be meted out slowly] and are several notches above anything I ever buy him!


Seeing as Humphrey's life is such a tragedy here at GBT he is unable to muster the enthusiasm nor the energy [all down to lack of food] for any Halloween preparations...unlike some of his chums who are already up and showing off their skill set on Youtube!




Seriously though this fellow brings me much joy and he is a contented, loving and very spoilt, if rather round, black cat whose antics I greatly appreciate!

Arilx


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for publishing this brilliant post.
    I'm a long time reader however I've never posted a comment.
    I've bookmarked your site and shared this on my Facebook.

    Thanks again for a great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Glad you enjoyed it!
      Arilx

      Delete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...