Tuesday 23 August 2016

Where did you get that hat?


Buying a new hat when I danced at the recent Eastbourne Lammas Event wasn't part of the plan for the day. Most of Mythago wear hats between stands, but it's not obligatory and I have a bit of love/hate relationship with them [hats that is not Mythago]. I've already had one abortive attempt at finding a suitable hat and bought one from Ebay, However, when it arrived it was huge and I felt really self conscious so that eventually made its way into a charity shop bag and out of the door. This one though is lovely. It fits me a treat and is not too showy. I think it's also the only red one on the side- from memory all the others are black. The lady behind these creations trades as the Henna and Hat Lady and most of our creations are far more outlandish with a definite Steampunk bent. The first one I tried on had a raven and a cup of tea on it! These are more typical of her http://raggedphoenix.wixsite.com/ragged-phoenix/single-post/2016/07/08/Stix One of my fellow dancers bought a smaller and slightly toned down version of that very same tricorn. All good fun!

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...