Thursday 17 August 2017

Rescuing a bad day.

I could, of course, be completely wrong in assuming that whoever carved the wording on this rather charming box in Lurgashall church might have been a tad miffed when they realised that they hadn't left enough space for the year.


That sort of frustration can set the tone for the rest of the day. Thankfully it doesn't always need to be the case. I have the poet Robert Frost to thank for putting this so much better than I ever could in his poem "Dust of Snow"

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow 
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

Arilx



No comments:

Post a Comment

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...