Monday 6 August 2018

One of your five a day?


So if you add a vegetable into the cake mix does this count as one of your five a day I wonder?! This is a lemon and cucumber cake with gin icing [couldn't really taste the gin despite adding extra to be honest...next time I'll try lemon] I baked for a family birthday yesterday. Surprisingly you could taste the subtle cucumber and it made a really light and summery cake. The recipe along with a whole host of others using vegetables in unexpected ways is from here https://veggiedesserts.co.uk/lemon-cucumber-cake-gin-icing/

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. At least one - you could count the lemon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I think I might like that cke if it was very fluffy and not dense.

    ReplyDelete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...