Wednesday 23 October 2019

Glass with Class

"I want my work to appear like it came from nature, so that if someone found it on a beach or in the forest, they might think it belonged there."

Dale Chihuly.








I think Mr Chihuly met the brief didn't he! I've deliberately shown some of his more naturalistic pieces rather than the modernistic ones he's famed for [I love the contrast of both styles]. This was last weekend at Kew Gardens and a long overdue catchup with my former blogging pal Lovely Grey. Her choice....great decision!

Arilx









































8 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. We had a shell just like one in the second photo on a shelf for years and he has made a perfect replica. Looks like very interesting day out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His work was stunning in the main. As ever I liked some more than others but it did give me a much better idea of the sheer range he produces. The only other one I'd seen before was the one in the foyer at the V & A Arilx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours - I love glass art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! it really is wonderful isn't it.Hope your friend Lovely Grey is well-I used to enjoy reading her blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LG is doing very well and is happy with her newish partner. Arilx

      Delete
  4. I saw the exhibition, amazing

    ReplyDelete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...