Monday 6 January 2020

Twelfth Night


Ah 'tis the last night of Christmas and traditionally time to take the decorations down. It once was the case that you left them up until Candlemas [1st February] which I guess it was hoped would extend the cheer of the season through the dark days of January. We are picking up this idea ourselves by leaving a non festive looking fibre optic lit ornament in place. Hopefully with the two strands of white fairy lights we have up permanently we should be able to easily transform the sitting room into a twinkly grotto on any grey, soul leaching day and usher in those feelings of wellbeing and hygge. It's given me the perfect excuse to use the crocheted tree we saw in a Sussex village last month. Mr GBT kindly stopped the car just so that we could take a photo.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. We have twinkly lights up all year round too (except - when I typed this out I had written twinkly Tights .... hmm - a whole new reason to get through the dark days of January .....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had twinkly tights for my Morris dancing. They are great fun to wear and I was a little sad when they finally gave up the ghost! Arilx

      Delete
  2. I leave a few lights around too and conveniently forgotten items x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a new lamp which adds to the effect.
      Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...