Wednesday 4 November 2020

Filtering

Needing to filter out all the mainstream media I went off hunting for some good news stories for a change yesterday and came across the Ever Widening Circles site to which I've now subscribed. Its content looks to be uplifting and anything that keeps your pecker up at the moment has to be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. One of the articles suggested listening to the Ted talk on Youtube by Ingrid Fetell Lee about joy and where to find it. It's only a few minutes long, but I found it most interesting. Many of us find joy from the same sort of things. That got me wondering....if I had to pick one photo to spark joy which one would it be?

This one I think....my young son laughing away whilst playing with a washing up bowl full of water in my parents' garden.


Arilx

8 comments:

  1. I get the 'Positive News' newsletter (email) which covers normal things which get missed out of the news, really good and positive stories, and I find that rather refreshing - the strap line is 'what when right this week' https://bit.ly/3eAVgNr worth a look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks for the reminder! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Photos of our now grown children sure is a joy. I think I may take a look through soe albums this week-a much more positive thing t do than have the news on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does bring back some lovely memories. Arilx

      Delete
  3. If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. Loren Eiseley

    Thank you for this little reminder. I will lift my heartsick self from my chair and head for a hot shower. Have a good day, Aril.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children love playing with water don't they. Arilx

      Delete
  4. What a happy moment! One can feel the sun and hear the splashing and laughing! Our family has also chosen to avoid discussing the news of the outside world in recent weeks. We've been exchanging pix and anecdotes about kids -- ours and those of anyone else who wants to take refuge with us. I've contributed a few "sploot" images of my cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the same page as you Beth....cats all the way! Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...