Monday 1 March 2021

A "spring" in my step

 Hasn't it been glorious over the past few days? I've made the most of the sunshine and been out for a modest four miler with my friend Guiding J round our local area [Mr GBT usually works on a Saturday morning]. J has only started walking over the past few months and has fallen in love with our beautiful countryside. There's no stopping her now and she's undertaken the 1000 mile challenge, put bird feeders up in her garden and joined the RSPB. It's made a huge difference to her on many levels and, as one of my longest standing friends, it's been incredible to see the positive impact it's had. 

From discussions about what you could use wild garlic for to spotting herons and grey wagtails, all whilst putting the world to rights we covered much ground and topped the morning off with a visit to our most local farmshop to buy homemade sausage rolls for my lot for lunch.








A perfect morning.

Arilx



4 comments:

  1. You have so many lovely things to see on your walks - just flat muddy fields round here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky where we live, but I do love East Anglia too [where I come from] and Suffolk is where we're due to be holidaying this summer. Arilx

      Delete
  2. I love your walks. Thank you for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. With that being the main entertainment on offer there will be more to come! Arilx

      Delete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...