Monday 29 May 2023

One Enchanted Day

A beautiful day of nomadic folkloric wanderings within a very small patch of West Sussex. I hope that you enjoy a little of the magic my friend and I experienced on our wanderings on Saturday as I showed her a few of my special places. We travelled between the Sussex villages of Shipley and Storrington. Many of the places I have shared here before, but the Moon Bridge is a new one for me. It's tiny and is part of a series of three Fairy Bridges in Sandgate Park. They were once part of the ornamental grounds of Sandgate House [now demolished]












Sunshine, a pub lunch and some free books outside a cottage on a sleepy country lane and there you have my perfect day. This is the first time I've met this delightful lady for a spot of adventuring. We "met" via Insta and for real at a couple of Mythago events she's come to. She's on her own personal folkloric journey and takes the most stunning photos of her travels. She's at Elena of the Ways over on IG if you want to see where she's been so far.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. Your photos are absolutely glorious! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. We had the perfect weather for it. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Oh, isn'[t it wonderful to run into someone whose company you enjoy right from the very first moments of meeting them? That bridge is gorgeous. Is the circle behind the tree a window of some part of the ruins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to meet people you connect with. The circular photo is a local sacred well. Arilx

      Delete
  3. Goodness, these photos are just stunning!!!! I love meeting with people who you connect with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When social media works in the right way it's a great way of connecting with people. Arilx

      Delete

Big and Little

 Mr GBT looked slight aghast at the long list of things I'd written down for our then upcoming trip to the Midlands....'we're on...