Wednesday 3 May 2023

Peeling Paint

 After seeing my photo of the gate with peeling paint on my FB page and in this post https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.com/2023/04/fishy.html I received a message from a local lady last week asking me if I would like a picture her friend had done. She had been at school with him and years later when he moved he was throwing away several images he'd drawn. She'd asked him if she could keep this one and now she's kindly given it to me. I love itπŸ’™ Just need to find a frame for it now.


In other πŸ¦” news the hedgehog kibble has been well received, but last night our little lady brought her boyfriend along....he was keen to get straight on with the business of bumping uglies, but she was more interested in eating her supper [we were watching through the window as I don't like to disturb them]. I'm sure he had his wicked way with her later one, so I shall quite possibly be a prickly granny in a few weeks time. I thought that she was probably sleeping in the hog house Mr GBT made me a couple of years ago, but today when we crouched down to take a quick look you can see her curled up blocking the doorway...no doubt still recovering from the shenanigans of the evening. It's all going on here at GBT I can tell youπŸ‘€πŸ˜ I'll let you know if we have any baby prickles further down the line,

Arilx


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can hardly stand the excitement!

    I do have to say that I was really charmed the first time that I saw a hedgehog 'gate' in a fence. I did not get to actually see a hedgehog, but I saw the paths they traveled. I hope you have a herd of hedgehogs. You probably have already done it, but I'd like to see the hedgehog house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind. I have gone back and found it. I even commented on the post, though Lord knows what I was trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just rather chuffed that the house finally has an occupant after laying empty for a few years! Arilx

      Delete
  3. Great pic. It needs a frame made out of pallet wood washed up on a beach. And we have our digits crossed for baby hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea about the frame. Perhaps I could source some drift wood....Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...