Friday 24 November 2023

When you have little legs....

It was at TYM's first graduation last year that I saw this


He made it absolutely clear that he wanted nothing to do with it so no photo opps there then. However, it ignited a secret desire within me to sit in one should we ever encounter another huge deckchair. If you ask for it the universe will manifest what you ask for. As soon as I clapped eyes on an empty one in the park in Maldon I went for it.......


The only thing I hadn't appreciated about such a huge chair and you are hobbit sized is that you have to sit a long way back. That's not the issue....the drawback is there is no leverage and with nothing to push against getting out proved much trickier than I had anticipated😆 I now understand why toddlers would shuffle themselves backwards on their tummies to the front edge of the seat, but nobody needs to see a 57 year old attempting such a feat when they're quietly enjoying an icecream in the sunshine so a rather inelegant exit it had to be!


Had my exertions worn me out I am pleased to report that Maldon caters quite specifically for folks with little legs at 'The Gnome Cafe'😁 I wasn't in need of refreshment and I think I'm quite happy that I'm now done with scrambling in and out of massive seats!


Have a great weekend.

Arilx


6 comments:

  1. Blokes are such spoilsports when it comes to photo opportunities! Those mahoosive deckchairs are always at festivals and Jon refuses to go near them, too! That photo of you sitting in the one you spotted at Maldon is brilliant. I hadn't thought about the difficulties of trying to get out of one before (maybe that's why the menfolk won't sit in them!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid TYM is about as keen as having his photo taken as I am!! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Ha haa tee hee : ) If you are ever looking for a remote holiday and a really big chair (in wood) go to Lake Kielder and walk around the lakeside path of art installations. (Possibly not in midgey season however.) https://www.visitkielder.com/art-architecture/kielder-art-architecture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Kielder mny years ago. I remember there being artworks but not the details. Arilx

      Delete
  3. Sat in one such chair once...never again! x

    ReplyDelete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...