Thursday 29 February 2024

Ghost Post

 [Photo by M Duffy]
This is one of the major things which has been taking up my time these past couple of weeks. All those white sheets and shirts a handful of us were sourcing from our local charity shops back in the Autumn have now been made into the Mythago wraiths. I most certainly did not make these all by myself....many members of the side have supported me and worked on different aspects of this project to make it a reality. I have actually done relatively little sewing this time round. Our final push was a very successful kit making day we held recently which broke the back of the masks. It all takes many hours to make these things and Mr GBT and I just finished off the last little bits off. It's been an interesting experience for me organising it all and making it happen....literally a project management, but what seemed almost insurmountable a few months ago I have now achieved. On Wednesday we were able to unite the tatter jackets and masks for the first time....I knew the masks were quite creepy because I've had those empty eye sockets following me around the room at home for several days [no I won't miss them!], but they seemed even more spooky when they were in a group. It might not look like it, but the photo was actually taken in our practice hall carpark😁 They will appear in some of our stories that we perform.

Have a great weekend. Mine will not involve any kind of sewing whatsoever!

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. I think you might have missed your calling. Ever considered theatrical costumery as a career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rubbish with deadlines so think I'll stick with what I do now! Arilx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Helped by the dark I think. Probably not so scary when it's light. Arilx

      Delete
  3. I'm in awe! What an amazing image! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 10 mins out in the damp carpark before we all rushed back in for a cuppa and biccies! Arilx

      Delete

Not bog standard.

Look at these beautiful cast iron panels. The design is called 'Floral Adamish' and is one of three which the company Walter Macfarl...