Monday 2 September 2024

Paralympics

There's so much noise about the Olympics that I rather feel that the Paralympics is the poor relation when it starts. I have so much admiration for the incredible feats that the participants achieve...I simply can't do what they can despite being a so called 'able-bodied' person. As the Games are on right now it seemed the perfect time to share this aptly decorated phonebox which has been kept intact throughout the whole period.

 




The 'balloon' was an old exercise ball found in a skip a few weeks ago! I love the way this phone box has taken on a life of its own and I always check to see whether it's been done up for a special event. For any fellow fans of such things it has its own dedicated Insta page as 'ComptonPhoneBox' where you can enjoy some of its previous incarnations. Usually we don't have time to stop, but we were heading home after a fantastic weekend so there will be some photos and stories to share.

Arilx



 

1 comment:

  1. That's great. I've seen a number of creatively repurposed phone boxes recently (book swaps, greenhouse full of geraniums, village first aid and defib unit) and have decided to get one to put at my gate when I build my new house in the boonies. Imagine giving you address as 'by the phone box, Kaiuma Bay'.

    ReplyDelete

A grave day

 Tragically Charles Cook died on 20th March 1767 aged only 30. He was killed by a falling tree. Whilst I can't find anything about the m...