Friday 29 January 2016

Cross Eyed vs Cross Stitch

Practical skills by and large evade me, but I have really enjoyed doing various cross stitch projects over the years both full size and miniature. This last couple of years though I have been knitting various Janet and John garter stitch blankets and then more latterly Percy the gargoyle, so have not tackled any sewn projects until recently.

To get back into the swing of things I picked up a carpet I had started and abandoned very early on quite some time ago. So much so in fact that my eyesight had changed to such a degree that I could no longer focus clearly enough to be able to see what I was doing. One of the many joys of becoming an old bat I'm finding! Thankfully I've now had the old mince pies retested and with my new lenses I am back to being able to enjoy a hobby that gives me great pleasure. Here's the current one underway with still quite a way to go.The other shots are of the dollshouse carpets I have already completed. I am generally working on 22 holes to the inch. Certainly keeps me out of mischief [well for some of the time anyway!]







Arilx



1 comment:

  1. Love the mini carpets - so intricate - now if you could scale them up to fit my house, I would be rather grateful!!!

    ReplyDelete

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...