Thursday 7 January 2016

Knocking On A Bit

Later on this year I shall be 50...do I give a fiddler's flute [that version is so much politer than the equivalent phrase I use in real life!] do I heck. Despite being the proud owner of lots more facial lines garnered through many experiences and natural grey highlights [sometimes disguised with red and/or brown highlights depending on my mood] I am actually physically fitter than I was five years ago now I'm no longer doing a sedentary job and dancing. Without taking any of this for granted - your health is your wealth and all that jazz I sincerely hope to be able to emulate these terrific ladies in years to come and approach life with an attitude like that of Mark Twain.

http://notizie.tiscali.it/ultimora/video/detail/?id=28b544f45150acd08fe41f75b592cf14

"Wrinkles merely indicate where smiles have been" [Mark Twain]

Arilx



4 comments:

  1. Are they lovely! Being 50 is fine. I'm relishing my sixth decade. Did you see the bendy ladies on Cro's blog the other week? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too shall nave a zero in my age this year, but it sure ain't 50; you whipper-snapper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did see those amazing bendy sisters- having seen a contortionist for myself it is quite an out of body experience seeing how the human body can bend! Cro- you lovely fellow!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say I'm in better shape, but 50 seems like a nice round age now that I'm here. There are things I know at 50 that the person I was half a lifetime ago was ignorant about.

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...