Friday 1 April 2016

Fooling Around.


Remember to cease all trickery at noon or "April First has gone and past, and you're the biggest fool at last."

This sentiment of course did not apply to Henry II's favourite minstrel, Roland Le Pettour, whose skills are rather charmingly summed up as "unum saltum et siffletum et unum bumbulum." The ability to leap, whistle and fart tunes brought him great favour with the monarch at court...in fact to be precise it brought him Hemingstone Manor in Suffolk and the promise that it could continue down the family line so long as the present incumbent appeared at court annually and performed the same skill set...I think I am perfectly qualified and wonder if I have perhaps missed my vocation in life. Hmmm!!

Arilx

5 comments:

  1. So are you saying that you have the ability to leap, whistle and fart tunes? Is this skill set shared with all the other Mythago dancers? It'll be 'interesting' to watch you all is so!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't vouch for the other members of Mythago!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot fart at will. Sadly it's a skill that I haven't acquired! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been known to do all those things at one time or another, but not on request, and certainly not intentionally. Love your stories Aril.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - think you have just described my teenage boys ....

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...