Thursday 7 April 2016

Waste Not Want Not

I fear this post may fall into the dullard camp but once in a while I do touch base with what's happening in my real life as I plod on always tweaking what I do in a bid to live more lightly. As previously noted I am no saint!

So with taking small steps and regularly reviewing to see what else I can do within my thrifty little world I made these soap balls out of all the soap scraps I've been keeping last week. Grating all the bits, I added a few drops of essential oil that I already had and mixed it all with a little bit of hot water. Formed into balls I then popped them on the wire tray in the airing cupboard to dry. Certainly not a thing of beauty but functional.


Other things I've done have included cutting up some old cotton pjs into cloths to be used for mopping up spills rather than kitchen paper [they've been put under the sink so they're easily accessible] and cleaning a tarnished silver necklace with the dregs of an "empty" toothpaste tube. It's surprising how much is left when you cut them open. I didn't hold out much hope for this old fashioned remedy but it worked a treat....so I can now jettison silver polish from my life. Huzzah!

Who knows where my little green and winding path will take me next!

Arilx

3 comments:

  1. Like the toothpaste idea. May try myself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard the toothpaste trick but never knew anyone who actually used it with success. Not that I have much silver, but good to know it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used the toothpaste trick too - successfully. I've tried the silver foil/bicarb and vinegar trick to make tarnished silver twinkle again - with moderate success, felt a bit wasteful when elbow grease is free!

    ReplyDelete

All work and no plays makes for a very dull day.....

Grey Monday and I'm up for a spot of fun...after I'd finished work I carried on driving to the nearby village of Billingshurst. Form...