Saturday 22 April 2017

Recalibrating

Recently I shared my dislike of slugs https://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/hug-slug.html. At the bottom of the post I mentioned in passing my equal distaste for the komodo dragon and the blind mole rat. A friend has flagged up this article about the latter. I guess I have to give the ugly little blighters a modicum of respect after finding out about their rather impressive survival skills!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/20/naked-mole-rats-turn-plants-survive-without-oxygen-scientists/

Much as I think every creature is fully entitled to its place on the planet [I often think humans deserve theirs the least] it still doesn't endear them to me, but I will accept [grudgingly] that I do need to soften my stance a little. Shan't be having one as a pet anytime soon though👿👿

Arilx

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on slugs, hate them and their less naked cousins, snails. As for Komodo dragons, I have nightmares about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not overly keen on snails either, but they do have pretty shells some of them. Thanks for your comment.
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. I thought that too of humans yesterday. Great minds and all that! xx

    ReplyDelete

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...