Tuesday 9 July 2019

Horse's Brawl

I joined friends at a local tavern last night to eavesdrop on Mythago's last music practice before we heave our carcases off to the massive Medieval Festival happening this coming weekend at Tewkesbury. Fortunately Mr GBT opted to drive as he wanted a clear head for playing, so I was able to enjoy a couple of halves of the guest ales they had on as an added bonus.

This is a familiar tune, but one which I have never heard the side play before. It's a 16th century tune called Horse's Brawl which has an accompanying dance from the same period. Great fun if there's loads of you up and joining in. Thoroughly enjoyed hearing it again. I've popped up The Albion band's version for anyone who fancies a listen.


Arilx

4 comments:

  1. flippin eck, I was worn out just listening to this. I would love to see folks dancing to this tune. Have a good time in Tewkesbury.
    Your blog is always different and interesting. Been reading a while but never commented before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your positive comment. So glad you enjoy my witterings!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. I have just listened to it.Brilliant!!.I love the build up to this sort of music.In fact, although I was at dancing school from 3 years old and went on to be a dancer when I was in my teens,I think that now I am a secret River Dancer!!.My feet n legs were knocking against the table I am sat at with my laptop!.I loved the video.Thanks Aril,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather fun isn't it. They have to play a lot slower if you're doing the dance that goes with it!
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...