Monday 1 July 2019

That Purple Flower




With my recent addition of the bee hotel in my little garden I was literally buzzing on Saturday morning when I found that one of the holes now has a green leaf curtain in place and I could see another bee's bottom elsewhere. I was so excited that I made Mr GBT stop whatever he was doing and insisted he came and looked too [he loves me really even when I do interrupt him!].

The other thing I have had a bee in my bonnet about is tracking down a mystery purple flower which the bees seem to make a beeline for [see I'm getting all those bee quips in!]. It's pretty common because I've seen it all over the place, but could I find a name for it. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the universe will give you an answer if you listen carefully enough and sure enough within a couple of days of putting it out there I came across one when out with Nurse L. Purple Toadflax [Linaria] we discovered by checking on her phone.

Preparing myself for a trip to the local garden centre I was poking about again outside last week....ta-dah. Look what I found growing up through the buddleia...the very same. Not the best of positions granted, but we've cut back some of the branches around it and here's hoping it thrives and maybe even spreads.....got to love a free plant!


Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...