Wednesday 2 September 2020

Things that come in threes.

This week, three times, three types of Balsam... the plant is known as in invasive weed, but I suspect it's here to stay now.  Despite it being much maligned, the Himalayan one is a late source of nectar and our native bees love it. I've seen the Himalayan one and the Orange one before, but the third photo is a Small Balsam and is a new one for me. It's been noted down with the date and place as have all other new-to-us finds in our now very scruffy 30 year old wild flower identification book. It's the sole entry for 2020, but better one than none eh!!





I think they're stunning and it's given me some much needed practice in mastering the macro facility on my little press and point camera.

Arilx


2 comments:

  1. Well job with your camera. I should have added go out and take pictures with my camera on my list of still summer activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using the macro is quite new to me...it would help if I read the instructions but have never got round to it! Arilx

      Delete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...