Tuesday 26 September 2023

Going Beserk

 In modern day life going beserk is never a good thing unless you have been expressly asked to join in with a group of Viking Beserkers who are doing precisely that following the ship burial of their recently deceased king as they send him off to Valhalla and the vessel has been set alight. Believe you me if there is an opportunity to let rip at the top of our voices with the raucous banging of sticks and drums in front of a 2000 strong crowd Mythago doesn't need to be asked twice. 🔥🔥



Yes just another ordinary Saturday night out with my Morris side....this time as the guests of Butser Ancient Farm at their sold out Equinox Boat Burning event. We had the privilege of being just off to the side of it all so got a bird's eye view. I shall aim to put up a few more photos this week. After all that shouting I found I was quite hoarse by Sunday morning. It took me a few hours to come down after the excitement of it all!

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Oh crikey that is just 'round the corner' from home and here we are on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is regularly open with different events.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to hearing more about this. I've never heard of such a thing before.

    ReplyDelete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...