Friday 15 September 2023

The Brick Knot


 This brick knot sculpture is a hangover from when the building behind it was an office owned by the Redland Brick company in Reigate. It was actually constructed in their yard in Horsham and was a devil to make. At the centre you have metals rods and a concrete core and then the whole thing was covered in a thin brick skin. Quite a feat I'd say and very eye-catching. We saw it earlier this year when we took TYM out for a spot of lunch one Sunday when he was living in the town. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Arilx

8 comments:

  1. From ancient font to modern brick - you do find some amazing things to photograph - thank you for sharing them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a challenge for the brickie I'd have thought. Eye catching though. (I would put it in my front yard.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a number of very skilled brickies who made it. I've since shared it locally and the daughter of one of them said her Dad was 100 last year.

      Delete
  3. That is so amazing that I had to call my husband in for a look. He studied it for quite a while trying to figure out how they accomplished that. He guessed right though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen anything like it before.

      Delete
  4. I am not sure if you live in a really interesting bit of the country or if I just don't use my eyes enough when I am out and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am endlessly curious wherever I go. I had to learn to look at my locality as I would if I was a tourist then I started to see things properly for the first time. I was really shocked by how much I'd been missing!

      Delete

Getting up to mischief

Isn't it a tad frustrating when you see something you think you'd really enjoy and you can't manage it for a multitude of reason...