Thursday 22 August 2024

Just what the doctor ordered.

Famous last words....in the end I didn't escape Covid, but on the plus side bar the weariness, it wasn't too bad and I just sat it out at home. To stop me from climbing the walls we did make good our escape for a brief sortie down to the beach at East Preston on Sunday. A quiet sit on a bench looking out over the sea with a flask of coffee in the early evening sunshine was just the tonic I needed. There was barely a soul to be seen, but instead there were oodles of these gorgeously coloured beach huts💗





Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Arilx


10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love beach huts? They are a popular subject with artists and photographers - and their images appear in many studios of the annual Hayling Island art trails days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know about the ones on Hayling Island. I just associate beach huts with relaxing and having fun. Arilx

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear that covid caught you, but the recuperation sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that although you didn't escape Covid, it didn't make you feel too bad. Sitting on a bench overlooking the sea is the perfect tonic for lots of things. Those beach huts are gorgeous, I'm a big fan! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they. They're hidden behind a tall hedge which is why they've been able to paint them such bright colours. Arilx

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I hope you feel loads better very soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those jolly beach huts would raise anyone's spirits. Hope you are feeling more like yourself now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am fully recovered thanks. They certainly did the trick. Arilx

      Delete

A grave day

 Tragically Charles Cook died on 20th March 1767 aged only 30. He was killed by a falling tree. Whilst I can't find anything about the m...