Monday 29 September 2014

Michaelmas Daisy Days

I am a Michaelmas baby and am off up into the big smoke for birthday adventures today. In the meantime let me leave you with a poem which shares my namesake this 29th September. 


Hail the Michaelmas daisy's
Softly glowing purple haze.
Lit by the sun's wistful gaze
Bringing cooler mellow days.

Festooned with spiders weaving.
Dripping with dew drops gleaming.
Through the misty morning light
Ghostly blooms loom into sight.

Our perennial swan song's
Been waiting all summer long.
And now a flower fanfare
Heralding Autumnal air!

Maureen Pickford.

Arilx




2 comments:

  1. Hi Aril
    Wishing you a wonderful birthday! Enjoy your trip to the big smoke :o)
    Lots of love
    Rose H
    xx
    (Lovely poem)

    ReplyDelete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...