Monday 1 September 2014

Summer's Last Blast- The Cool Colours.

The first set of shots from yesterday. The more subtle colours.

The changing hues of the hydrangeas as they begin to go over in the first one caught my eye.



View across to the pinetum. In the foreground you can see a meadow of pincushion flowers. The hum from the bees was incredible.


Nymans seems to be able to blend architectural plants with the more familiar perennial ones seamlessly. I was very taken with some of the dramatic forms of the individual flower heads.







This is the view of the house that I love the most. It was partially ruined by fire in 1947.



More photos to follow tomorrow.

Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...