Wednesday 24 September 2014

An Arachnid's Answer To The Sevres Question.

This is an exquisite porcelain plate made by Sevres.


This is an exquisite plate woven from gossamer threads by a garden spider.


The first plate is fit for purpose- you can eat your dinner off it. The spider's web is fit for purpose- you can eat your dinner off it but additionally you can catch your dinner in it and then store it. I personally don't know of any other dinner plates that also act as supermarket cum larder. I know which one impresses me more.

Arilx

PS This mass of webs appeared in our garden over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps Lakeland could make something similarly multi-purpose?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lakeland could be missing a trick there!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

Good Friday

 Hope everyone has a good Easter break. I saw this massive pug shaped egg on one of my recent forays and the utter ridiculousness of it just...