Sunday 28 February 2016

"You're The One That I Want"

I started at my local comprehensive school in September 1978. The film "Grease" was on release and as a treat for my 12th birthday, my then best friend Nicky and her parents took me to see it. I remember thoroughly enjoying it except the bit where the Pink Ladies try to pierce Sandy's ears. Any implied references to hanky panky or unplanned pregnancies completely went over my head! Afterwards I went down to the record department in WH Smith and spent a whopping 50p [daylight robbery when you think back to just how long ago this was] out of my saved pocket money on my first ever single "You're the one that I want"

Here's the original...no doubt a tad cheesy but I still enjoy this catchy little song.


And here's a slightly different version....it is just so in contrast that it made me chuckle. I can only listen to it for a short while though as this genre of music along with opera makes me reach for the off button. Each to their own!




Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Operatic 'arias' are often pleasant; it's the dull infill that drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all a question of personal taste...I struggle with vibrato. I have yet to hear an opera that I have enjoyed but different strokes for different folks. Makes life much more interesting!
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. Wasn't it a 14 film. I seem to remember having to lie about my age to sneak in and see it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't remember...certainly wasn't a U!
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...