Tuesday 24 May 2016

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No..it's....


...Well frankly I'm not entirely sure. Technically it's supposed to be a unicorn, but I suspect the painter thought "sod it" I can't paint a horse's head so I'll graft a canine head [complete with a set of doggy gnashers] on to an equine body and nobody will ever notice. Nobody's ever going to see a real unicorn so anything goes. It gave this old bird a laugh though. If you double click the picture the detail should show up more clearly.

It forms part of the Charles I coat of arms in the church in Burton Park. This is the full painting in all its glory.


Arilx

2 comments:

  1. I gave you the wrong link to the dancing lady of NZ. Here she is. If you go to her site, and scroll down a couple of pages, you'll see her side in action. http://ladymondegreenssecretgarden.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall take a look Cro. I did look at the other link and was a little mystified!
      Arilx

      Delete

Puzzling

Being a soul who could win an Olympic Gold if overthinking was ever included as a sport, one thing which really helps me to slow down and be...