Tuesday 24 September 2019

A Feather In Your Cap.

Mr GBT has a bald pate so needs to wear a hat on a sunny day. His original one is decorated with feathers and all manner of Morris dancing badges he's bought at various gigs. Since joining Mythago, he now has a second hat which also needs feathers and frankly the state of the feathers on both were rather moth eaten. He started muttering about buying some pheasant feathers....well I nearly fell off my perch. BUYING?!! when you get them for free! Being a tight old bag that was never going to happen. My lovely friend was out walking with us on the day this conversation happened back in the summer......she has taken matters into her own hands.


H has collected this gorgeous selection whilst out on her daily walk around the woods with her dogs. She passed them over to me yesterday. Mr GBT is going to be spoilt for choice and lucky, lucky me the stunning jay ones were for me.

Arilx

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are following the rules. First see if you can get it for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It makes no sense to me otherwise.
      Arilx

      Delete
  2. Never mind my nerves about bugs on birds (we kept chickens when I was a kid, and I remember dusting their vents with powders), I cherish the found feathers of wild turkey, sandhill cranes and gold finch. You've inspired me to find a suitable hat to display them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so beautiful aren't they. I've seen people paint the most amazing pictures on feathers.
      Arilx

      Delete

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...