Monday 26 June 2023

Midsummer


 I wasn't going to put up any photos from Mythago's latest jaunt to Stonehenge for the Summer Solstice, but it was such an incredible day that I'm afraid that I can't resist just sharing the one! This time the sun shone for us and most unusually we've abandoned our normal Gothic black tatters. With ten minutes at the end we grabbed the chance to photograph all the new kit we've been busy sewing over the last couple of years for our Greenman story. It's certainly bright when you see it all together like that. Rest assured we'll be back in black next time we dance out. There's a fine line between this being cool and crossing over into My Little Pony territory!

Thanks for indulging me.

Arilx

6 comments:

  1. That is incredibly far from My Little Pony - and looking really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours really popped in the bright sunlight. Arilx

      Delete
  2. Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes a change from our usual black where you can't see us at all if it's dark! Arilx

      Delete
  3. A lot of my comments have not been showing up lately. I am not sure why. My question was the colors: What (if any) meaning do they have? I thought the light blue might be water. the gold sun, the brown and black the earth, the green the crops. Do the colors represent something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. Our story is about the cyclical changing of the seasons. The turquoise is water, the light blue on the right is air, the brown earth and red fire. You also have the sun and the moon, the Earth Mother [with the flowers] and the greenman. Every spring the greenman is reborn and then dies in the autumn going into winter.

      Delete

Spring

 'Where flowers bloom so does hope.' Lady Bird Johnson Bluebells and Ramsons as far as the eye could see. A gentle poddle around the...