Tuesday 13 June 2023

The Exhibitionist


 Good evening folks...yup 'tis me back from my holihobs with a piece of rudery for you. Before you ask it's to be found in the upstairs in the church cafe in All Saints church in Hereford. No coincidence either that I just happened to choose the table directly below it. It's one of the well known so called "exhibitionist" figures, but the argument that they were all there to warn of man's baser nature I find hard to believe for this one. It's so high up and tucked away I very much doubt anyone could have seen it in the gloom. Most of the people sitting enjoying a quiet cup of coffee had absolutely no idea this was just above their heads😈

We had a fabulous holiday.

Arilx

P.S. I've just learnt that his nickname is Seamus O'Toole!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! What a hilarious spot, I love him! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's rather proud of his equipment isn't he!

      Delete
  2. Oh I say! What a naughty carving - I've not seen anything like that in the churches I've visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a website for such figures. We haven't got any in West Sussex.

      Delete
  3. The idea of someone sneaking a bit of carving like that in makes me laugh. It is doubtless part of a bigger bit of carving. I imaging he tittered like any schoolboy today writing a vulgar word on a public wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know who carved him and when.

      Delete
  4. Trust you to find the hidden or obscure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to bring a little childish light relief into people's days😁

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Even after all I've seen it still amazes me what there is in churches!

      Delete

Spring

 'Where flowers bloom so does hope.' Lady Bird Johnson Bluebells and Ramsons as far as the eye could see. A gentle poddle around the...