Friday 15 May 2015

Indoor Planters

One of the things that I like about the concept of gardening [note I only do any gardening when I am dragged out there kicking and screaming but I enjoy the efforts of others!] is the endless opportunities to recycle and repurpose. With a very modest mud hut and a North facing postage sized stamp of a garden there's nowhere to house a green house and I am a right royal pain about tidiness [translates as a bit of an old baggage about the whole matter] so not much scope for trays of seedlings indoors.

 Mr GBT's a mighty fine soul though and he grows some veg each year. Some we buy as small plants as we don't need many but a few varieties he grows from seeds. I found the following link http://www.seattlesundries.com/blogs/news/11749733-how-to-self-watering-seed-starter-pots during the winter for making your own indoor propagators. The teen didn't take much encouraging to down a few bottles of pop and hey presto Mr GBT made our own for the butternut squash seeds last weekend. I shall let you know how it goes.


Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marching on

 Well March is being a bit of a madam isn't she. One minute she's teasing us with blue skies and a sun with some warmth in it and th...